· COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL BABANLOMA 1960-1967
· GOVERNMENT SECONDARY SCHOOL OMU-ARAN 1968-1972
· KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY ILORIN
(NOW KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC, ILORIN) 1976-1980
· INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY (ISU)
TERRE-HAUTE, INDIANA, USA 1989-1991
· FIRST SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE 1967
· WEST AFRICAN SCHOOL CERTIFICATE 1972
· ORDINARY NATIONAL DIPLOMA (MECH. ENGINEERING) 1978
· HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) MECH. ENGINEERING
PLANT OPTION 1980
· BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (B.Sc) VOCATIONAL TRADE,
INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY 1990
· MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.Sc) VOCATIONAL/TECHNICAL
PROFESSIONAL/MEMBERSHIP OF SOCIETY:
R.Eng Tech. COREN
Member, National Society of Black Engineers (MNBSE) (USA)
Member, National Association of Technologist in Engineering (MNATE).
Member, National Association of Industrial Technologist (MNAIT) USA.
Member, National Association of Teachers’ of Technology Education (MNATT)
Member, Research Association Board of Advisors.
HONOUR AND AWARD:
Federal Government Scholarship for Technical Teacher Training Programme in USA 1989.
Award of Excellence by National Association of Mechanical Engineering Students Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin.
POSITION HELD AT KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC:
Director, Institute of Technology, 2016-Date
Head of Department (Mechanical Engineering 2010-2017)
Deputy Director (Institute of Technology 2003-2004)
Head of Department (Science and Technical Education 1996-2003)
Departmental Examination Officer (Science and Technical Education 1992-1996)
SPECIALIZATION AND RESEARCH AREA:
Power and plant option in Mechanical Engineering
Pulvizer with cyclone
LIST OF PUBLICATION:
1. Lawal A.T. (2002) The Effects of Polytechnic, and the Challenges of Development in Nigeria. Proceeding of the 2nd National Engineering Conference, Institute of Technology, Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin. Vol 2, July, 2009, pg 8-10.
2. Lawal A.T. (2009) Maintenance and Repair of Material Handling Equipment. A concern of Technological Education curriculum in Nigeria. Proceeding of the 2nd National Engineering Conference, Institute of Technology, Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, Vol 2, pg 242-245 July 8-9 2009.
3. Lawal A.T. (1997) the Historical Trends in Technology Development in Nigerian. The Role of Technical Education and Institution Lafiagi Journal of Education.
4. Lawla A.T. (1994) Integrating Vocational Education into Primary School Curriclum A path to National Technology Take off, A Department Seminar, Science and Technical Education Department, IOT, Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin.
5. Lawal A.T. (1996) the Role of Educational Media, its impact in Technical Education. Depatmental Seminar, Science and technical Education department.
Lawal A.T. (1990) Organization and Co-ordination of Vocational/Technical Education in Nigeria, Seminar paper, Department of Industrial Technology Education, Indiana State University (ISU) Terre-Haute, in USA